Nestled along the lower Indus, Garkone is a beautiful settlement inhabited by the Brokpa tribe. It is an Indo-Aryan race with a unique culture. The village also is rich in variety of fruits such as apricots, pears, grapes and many other fruits. The best time to visit is during the Apricot blossom time in April. An offbeat destination in Ladakh which remains unexplored even today.
Cost per Person: On Request
Type of StayFamily run guest house
LocationGarkone Village, Kargil
No of Rooms4 (on twin/triple sharing basis)
Road connectivity20 minutes walk from the main road
Hot Running waterHot running water
ToiletTraditional Ladakhi dry pit toilet
- Stay for one night with breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea
- Museum entry tickets
- Transport to and from Garkone
- Extra meals at homestay (chargeable at 100/per meal)
- Bottled water/packaged snacks
- The homestays have limited rooms so bigger groups have to share one big hall or two rooms.
- Homestay will provide clean bedding for everyone so no need to carry sleeping bags.
- Food will be served in the kitchen along with the family. Food will have some local preparations of rice, barley and vegetables (only veg.)
- Warm water for drinking and washing on request
- One attached bathroom and two common bathrooms